Instant Pot Alfredo
Instant Pot Alfredo is a quick & easy dinner that you can make in your pressure cooker. Change it up using chicken, shrimp, spinach & more.
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce - homemade or jarred
- 2 cups cooked & shredded chicken OR 13-16 jumbo shrimp *opt
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic - depending on how strong you want the flavor
- 1½ cups water
- ½ pound linguini - broken in half
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves - rinsed, dried, and roughly chopped **opt
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese - grated
Combine the alfredo sauce, cooked chicken or Jumbo shrimp, and the minced garlic in the pot. Stir. (if using really small shrimp or spinach - those will get added after the cooking process)
Add the water and stir.
Place the broken noodles in the pot and press them down into the mixture to submerge. Do not stir.
Close the lid and cook on manual pressure for 2-3 minutes - depending on how soft you like your noodles.
Quick-release the pressure and remove the lid once the pin drops.
If adding small shrimp or spinach, this is the time to do so. Then place the lid back on (don't set it to cook again) for 5 minutes to steam to perfection.
Remove the lid, add the cheese and stir well before serving.