Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Simple slow cooker of the classic Italian soup Pasta e Fagioli that will rival any restaurant recipe around. Makes enough to feed a crowd, absolutely delicious.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 whole carrots diced
- 6 celery stalks diced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1- 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz V-8 juice
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cans cannellini beans (15 ounces) drained & rinsed
- 2 cans red kidney beans (15 ounces) drained & rinsed
- 2 cups ditalini pasta uncooked
Brown the ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink & cooked throughout.
Transfer to slow cooker & add carrots, celery, onion, crushed tomatoes, broth, oregano, basil, thyme, salt & pepper.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Approx 30 minutes before serving, stir in beans & pasta. Stir occasionally.
Serve immediately while hot with dinner rolls or breadsticks