Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies start with an easy, 3-ingredient cookie recipe. Then topped with a chocolate frosting and crushed candy canes.
- 4 sticks butter (1 cup) room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour scooped not spooned & leveled
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick) melted & cooled
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Line baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl & mix until completely combined
Roll out onto a lightly floured surface
Cut shapes using your favorite cookie cutters - or go classic with the round.
Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
Poke with a fork to prevent cookies from losing their shape
Bake 20 minutes or until light, golden brown
Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Place confectioners sugar in a bowl, whisk in butter & cocoa powder.
Add milk & vanilla & whisk well
Spoon onto the tops of cookies
Add crushed candy canes before the frosting hardens