Chocolate Nut Clusters (or Reindeer Poo)
The perfect combo of salty & sweet that is so incredibly easy to make. These chocolate nut clusters are a family favorite that the kids decided would best be named “Reindeer Poo” for the holiday season. **Stovetop & Slow Cooker recipes included!
Servings 45 clusters
- 1-1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate or 8 squares
- ¾ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Nuts I like almonds, peanuts or mixed nuts
- 32 ounces salted nuts of choice (4 cups)
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 20 ounces peanut butter chocolate chips (2-1/2 cups)
- 2 lbs white almond bark or vanilla candy coating chips
Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot water.
Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
Remove from heat.
Stir in nuts to coat.
Scoop out spoonfuls & drop on waxed paper lined baking sheet.
Chill in refrigerator to harden for at least several hours.
Store in airtight container.
Layer all the ingredients into your slow cooker starting with the nuts, then chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips.
Break the almond bark into chunks & place on top of the layers.
Cover & cook on low for 1-1/2 hours – making sure to stir every 30 minutes until chocolate is melted.
Scoop out spoonfuls & drop on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
Chill in the refrigerator to harden for at least several hours.
Store in an airtight container.