Oh good heavens! I think I made the family’s new favorite treat. These S’Mores Bars are so incredibly easy to make & they were gone in record time. It seems that with all the campfire fun happening during the summer, S’Mores are just a summertime staple. But when you live with the fire chief – not only are fires in the summer a big “no-no”… but time to vacation & get out to have those opportunities in the summer months just don’t happen for us. So rarely do we make things like S’Mores – until now. All the yummy flavors you love about S’mores – no campfire required!
These whip up in less than 5 minutes & the set time in the freezer is quick too.
Just those 3 simple ingredients that we all LOVE!
I think next time I will double the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips or candy melts
- 1 tbsp shortening only if you are using chocolate chips
- 3-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3-4 graham crackers - crushed to coarse crumbles
- Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment & set aside
- Melt your chocolate in double boiler until it's smooth & silky
- Remove from heat - allow to cool 1-2 minutes
- Add marshmallows & 1/2 the graham crackers - stir to coat
- *Note- work quickly -the marshmallows will start to melt in the warm chocolate.
- Transfer to prepared pan - smooth out
- Top with additional graham cracker crumbs & extra marshmallows if desired
- Place in freezer to firm up the chocolate quickly- leave for 20 minutes
- Remove & cut into squares - serve.
Want more great summer treats?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE
[include id=”1″ title=”Footer Ad”]