It’s NOVEMBER 1st people!!!!!!!!!! Looking for Easy Family Dinner Ideas?
Seriously! This year has flown by & we are in full HOLIDAY swing here. That means that the hubs & I are testing out recipes in preparation for Thanksgiving. Some of you may know that our entire family has been working hard in an effort to eat better & we have been going well. Limiting portion sizes, eating more organic & making better choices overall has all been part of the plan. So when I was asked to prepare one of our Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes using Country Crock instead of butter, I jumped at the chance. So many things I could have made- but when I saw that Country Crock comes in sticks- that was it. I knew it was time to transform our Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Thanksgiving would not be the same without our Garlic Mashed Potatoes- but the thought of how unhealthy they can be when using butter makes them a bit less appealing. I was so excited that we can still enjoy one of our favorites all the while making a better-for-you Thanksgiving meal. PLUS Country Crock has ZERO g of trans fat- which is another thing we have tried to cut out of our diet whenever possible. SCORE there!!
But there’s more!!!!!!
I have this awesome Thanksgiving Kit giveaway for you.
The kit includes…
Giveaway Closes November 5th.
To enter: Leave me a blog post comment telling me your Thanksgiving plans if you have made them.
Extra entry: Follow me on Pinterest & come back & leave another comment letting me know
Now don’t forget to print out this recipe – you must add it to your Thanksgiving spread!!
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6-7 Medium sized Russet Potatoes or 3-4 large baking potatoes
- 1 stick Country Crock Spreadable Stick margarine
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Onion Flakes
- 1/4 cup Milk more or less to desired thickness or creaminess
- Salt Pepper to taste
- Peal potatoes & place in stock pot
- Cover with water, cover & bring to boil
- Continue boiling until soft & falling apart when poked with a fork
- Transfer to large electric mixer bowl
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, onion flakes
- Beat with whip attachment until mashed
- Add Country Crock Spreadable Stick margarine & milk
- Continue to beat for approximately 15 minutes at high speed (until all lumps are gone & it's very creamy)
Visit countrycrock.com for veggie tips, recipes & more!
More Country Crock veggies recipes available at the Country Crock Chronicles
Thank you to Country Crock for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective.
All opinions expressed here are my own.