Black velvet cupcakes broken apart & layered with peanut butter whip makes a Black Velvet Peanut Butter Parfait. The combination of black velvet & peanut butter whip is positively heavenly. Plus it’s simple to make & so pretty too. Easy dessert recipes that wow the crowd.
So you like peanut butter & chocolate combined? Everyone in this house sure does. So when I had some leftover (not sure how that happened) black velvet cupcakes from another project I was working on I decided to take the cupcake idea out of the norm. You see, I also had some leftover peanut butter whip from some other recipes I was using it in & couldn’t stand to see it go to waste. So I combined the two & created heaven in a glass. It was SOOOOOO yummy!
My little helpers were sure happy to help me “dispose” of them all. They love helping me in the kitchen & the studio- it usually means they get to sample what I’m making. Unfortunately the hubs missed out on these- such a bummer that I suppose I will have to make some more for him. Awwwww – well, I suppose if I have to…….you don’t have to twist my arm on that one.
Black Velvet Peanut Butter Parfait
Black Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- Several drops Americolor Food Color - Super Black
Peanut Butter Whip
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 8 oz tub whip topping
- 2 tsp chocolate jimmies
- Prepare according to package directions by
- Combining all ingredients in mixer bowl & beat on low 30 seconds & on high 2 full minutes
- Transfer to cupcake tins lined with wrappers
- Bake to instructions on box - allow to cool completely before making parfait
- Prepare whip while cupcakes are cooling
- Beat softened cream cheese in mixer bowl until light & fluffy
- Add peanut butter & beat until combined
- Slowly add in confectioners sugar & beat
- Once incorporated - fold in whipped topping & then beat for about 30 seconds
- Unwrap cupcakes & pull apart into bite sized pieces & place in bottom of the glass (I added one whole cupcake in each)
- Transfer your whip into a piping bag (for better control) & squeeze a layer around on top of the crumbled cupcake pieces
- Top with more crumbled cupcake pieces (about 1/2 a cupcake)
- Add a little dollop of peanut butter whip on top
- Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies
Looking for more easy dessert recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE