Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good, you’ll never know they’re skinny. These chocolate packed oatmeal cranberry cookies are yummy!
For a while now I have been doing a “self-imposed” counting points system. What does that mean? Well, I basically use the awesomeness of the internet to find the amount of points I should be consuming & the amount of points I should be counting for what I’m eating each day & I keep a running tally. I didn’t go sign up for an actual program, because that’s just how I am. I like to be accountable to myself & if I slip, well- then I slip. But this means I am constantly looking for ways to get my treat-fix without feeling deprived. That’s where these super-awesome Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies come into play. Yippie!
Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post contains some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I simply can’t give up all treats. It’s just not possible. But with these being about 2 points a piece, I don’t have to. They are decadent enough that I’m good with just a couple & then it’s easy for me to stop without any guilt! Now that’s what I call a dessert. I use my 3/4 sheet baking pan & that is large enough that I only have to make 2 batches. I love that because it’s just that much faster to enjoying them when I’m not waiting around for all the dough to go through the baking process.
Do you know what I really love about these cookies? They have enough healthy stuff in them that I can justify having them alongside my morning cup of jo. I only did that one day, I promise. But really, you can’t go wrong with oatmeal cookies loaded with all the yummy ingredients like dark chocolate, honey & cinnamon. Adding a twist like cranberries instead of raisins made these not only the perfect fall cookie, but the perfect cookie recipe to serve at all the upcoming holiday festivities. I can’t wait to share these with friends & extended family.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour (spooned & leveled)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¼ cup butter- melted & cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1-1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment & set aside
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt butter & set aside to cool
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt- set aside
- Add vanilla & eggs to cooled butter & whisk well
- Whisk in honey
- Add dry ingredients & stir together with a large spatula until just combined
- Fold in dark chocolate chips & cranberries
- Cover & place in freezer for about 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Shape dough into 30-36 cookies & place on prepared baking sheets approx 2" apart
- Bake at 325 for 11-13 minutes or until brown around the edges
- When you remove from the oven, immediately press several mini chocolate chips into each cookie & allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are the perfect way to kick off the fall season. I can’t wait to enjoy them with a cup of hot cider by the fire soon.
Looking for more of our favorite fall recipes?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE