Patriotic Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is much like a Pizookie. A giant, thick & chewy chocolate chip cookie baked in an iron skillet with patriotic M&M’s. I added a secret ingredient too. It’s absolutely INCREDIBLE! (& so easy too- mix, dump, bake, enjoy)
Patriotic Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
I confess, I have a serious thing for an oooey, gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookie. Right out of the oven, when they are all warm & the chocolate just drips & gets everywhere when it’s pulled apart. Oh boy! Do you know what I’m talking about? Do you love it too? The other day I was REALLY craving a chocolate chip cookie. I had the best of intentions to make a batch & take half of them over to the new neighbors. But my favorite cookie recipe requires overnight chilling. I hadn’t planned for it & it wasn’t in the schedule. Not that it wouldn’t be totally worth the wait. I just hadn’t budgeted my time accordingly. When I was feeling like it, there wasn’t time to chill the dough. So I decided to change up the plan & create a fabulous, Pizookie inspired, chocolate chip skillet cookie. I had been making them for years but started twisting the recipe a couple years ago. Then last year I saw this one from Sally & gave it a try. It was already pretty similar to my original recipe, with the exception of my secret ingredient.
Since this isn’t exactly the kind of treat you take to neighbors, I decided that I could just plan for the regular cookies another weekend. I wanted this NOW & oh boy it was good. I had forgotten just how amazing these skillet cookies are. Super chewy on the outer edges, a lot like a brownie. Yep- do I have your attention now? Yeah, it’s like that. I added a couple tablespoons of my favorite French Vanilla creamer from International Delight. Because I’m always looking for ways to sneak that into just about everything.
Now you can top this delectable treat with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. That’s always a fabulous pairing. But this time, I added just a mountain of fresh whipped cream. That was a perfect choice because it was light & yet still added a little creaminess to each bite.
- 1 cup butter - room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp French Vanilla International Delight Creamer
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled- not scooped)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 bag M&M’S Patriotic colors
- Toppings: ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate or caramel syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Lightly grease oven-safe, 10" cast iron skillet (you must use an oven safe skillet)
- In mixer bowl with paddle attachment, beat the butter smooth and creamy
- Add granulated sugar & brown sugar and beat on medium-high until light & fluffy
- Beat in eggs, vanilla & creamer on high speed until well mixed
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed if not using a scraper paddle attachment
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt on low speed until combined
- Add the chocolate chips and M&M’S, mix on low
- Transfer the cookie dough evenly into prepared skillet
- Bake for 27-30 minutes or until browned on the sides and lightly brown on top
- If you like it a little more cooked through, bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the cookie to cool slightly in the pan on a wire rack before serving
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for more of my favorite goodies?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE