This post was sponsored by Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review.
This Mini Crash Cake & Chai Tea are the perfect treat for the evening. Just a few ingredients & you have a simple summer dessert everyone loves. What better way to use leftover cake or cupcakes that didn’t turn out quite right?
Mini Crash Cake
The other day I wanted to make cupcakes. I was testing recipes for a new homemade/box mix hybrid type cupcake. Well, it ended up being one of those days when I felt like I should have left things alone. This often happens when I start the process of tweaking recipes. At first, I have some flops before I identify what needs to change to make the recipe great. These cupcakes were the first in the testing process & they were just sad. Don’t get me wrong, they were absolutely delicious. I loved how they turned out in the way of flavor. But when food needs to also be pretty, well that’s where it gets challenging. Because these cupcakes were not pretty. They were flat & misshapen & down right pathetic. But since they did taste fine I decided I would save them in the freezer for a future crash cake. Over the weekend was that time- squeeee!!!!
You see, every evening the hubs & I like to get out of the house for some fresh air after dinner. Sometimes if the neighborhood kids are inside, it’s nice & quiet & we can sit on the front porch & chat. I always like to have a cup of tea while we discuss the day. We often talk about ideas for the garden or some other decorating project I’m wanting to do over the weekend.
But I always have my tea because it’s calming after a long day. I just brew one of the little TAZO® Chai Latte K-Cup® pods in my Keurig® brewer. It’s so easy. Just add the powder, which makes it creamy, in the bottom of the mug. Then brew & stir. Easy tea in 60 seconds. It’s made from milk, tea leaves and spices. A creamy blend of black tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla flavor that I love.
Then on days that are particularly tiring, I like to include a treat. In this case, I created this mini crash cake to enjoy on the porch while we talked. It was the perfect pairing & the perfect way to end the day.
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix, eggs, oil & water- baked to package instructions in 9x13 pan or cupcake pans
- 1 large tub whipped topping
- 1 box instant banana pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Bake your cake & set aside to cool.
- While cake is baking prepare your instant pudding to pkg instructions with your mix & milk.
- Once cake is cooled & pudding is set pull all ingredients out & prepare to assemble.
- Start by cutting your cake into small squares so it's easier to handle.
- Break cake up into large pieces & cover the bottom of serving dish
- Layer in pudding & then more cake
- Top with a spoonful of whipped topping
- Add sprinkles & serve
- Keep in freezer until about 12-15 minutes before serving.
I was pretty happy to find a use for the flat cupcakes too.
Here are more of my favorite easy summer desserts like this crash cake?
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE