Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies are a soft & chewy peanut butter cookie recipe topped with a dollop of blackberry preserves. Even better when you make your own jam to add on top. Easy dessert & a PB&J lovers dream! Don’t miss my favorite jam recipe I share at the end too. So good!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
Do you love PB&J? It’s a childhood classic that I still love to this day. Something about pairing that creamy, salty, wonderful peanut butter with a sticky, sweet jam just makes me smile. Oh boy is that delicious. So of course this month for Peanut Butter Bash our secret ingredient is JELLY! Yep- the classic is ON today! So I had about a zillion recipes run through my head including the one my mom used to make for me when I was little- an over the top PB&J sandwich. But then my son asked me to make PB&J cookies instead & I thought that was a fabulous idea!
I originally thought I would make them sandwich cookie style – but when it came right down to it, just a dollop of preserves right on top was all these needed. I made a batch of my blackberry jam using the same recipe from my mixed berry jam. It’s definitely the favorite in this house. Even better- crumble these cookies on top of ice cream & heat a little jam into a syrup & drizzle it on. Oh man- I know what I’m having for dessert tonight. YUM!
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer - combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla. Beat well.
- Add eggs - beating until just combined
- Add flour, baking soda & salt - beat on low to combine & then beat well for approx 1 minute to bring to a fluffier consistency
- Take tablespoon size portion & roll between hands to form a ball on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown
- Remove & cool on tray approx 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool - add dollop of jam on cookie
You definitely have to make these!
Then check out all these other PB&J recipes being shared by all my AWESOME blogger friends!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from a link shown here, it helps to maintain the free content that I share.
FUN STUFF I love & use in my kitchen!
Looking for more of our favorite cookie recipes?
Don’t forget the jam recipe!!!
To see where I am linking today- visit HERE